|Making a Great First Impression at a Speed Dating Event-You never get another chance, so make it your best!|
Top Dating SitesFall in Love For All the Right Reasons: Compatibility based on 25+ criteria
Preparing Yourself to Meet Someone New
First impressions can make or break your first meeting with someone new. First impressions may be your only chance to make an impression before someone gets to know the real you. Meeting someone new is almost like going on an interview. And let's face it, a Speed Dating party is an interview! You and each mini-date are sizing each other up in 3-10 minutes. Many of you have been out of the dating scene for awhile. Let’s face it, we live in a society that where how you look counts. That doesn’t mean you have to be a Barbie Doll or Mr. GQ. All you have to do is make your assets shine and remove any liabilities. It is always important to look your best so you feel confident about the impression you are making and about you. And keep in mind, the way you treat yourself is the impression that someone has of how you will treat them.
This doesn’t mean that a guy needs to look like James Bond or a woman like Demi Moore. Just don’t go to your first meeting looking like a schlep (a Seinfeld Yiddish word for grungy, sloppy, not put together). Please keep in mind that this list was put together for an average "city person" in the Midwest in their mid 20’s to 60’s. The Gen X crowd, college students, and singles in rural areas live by slightly different rules when it comes to dress. Just keep in mind: Cleanliness, up to date, polished, and looking good are the words we want in your vocabulary when you fix yourself up for that first meeting. When was the last time you updated your look? Here is a checklist of things to do:
♥ Make sure your nails are filed, at least with painted with a coat of clear polish. Ragged nails or nails with dirt under them are a turn off for guys.
♥ Use makeup close to your skin color, colors that are natural and compliment your skin. For a great update go to the nearest Clinique or Lancome counter at any of the major department stores. Bring a girlfriend for an hour of fun. It’s FREE advice.
♥ Update your hairstyle. You don’t have to change your hair to something wild. If your hair is down to your waist or hasn’t changed in 3 years, go find a new hairdresser.
♥ Glasses that are not up to date are another turn off for men. If your glasses are more than 3 years old, have very large lenses, again, it is time to see about a new pair. It’s amazing, you can go to Wal-Mart and get new designer brand name glasses for next to nothing.
♥ Take inventory of your wardrobe. When was the last time you bought something new? Wear something classy and tasteful for the first meeting. Dress pants or a nice skirt and blouse. Don’t wear anything uncomfortable or too revealing. Do wear sexy underwear. Even though you won’t be showing, it will make a difference in how you feel about yourself. On future dates, don’t ever wear jeans with holes, see though clothing, polyester clothing or jewelry that makes noise when you move.
♥ Wear some sexy underwear under your new clothes. It will make you feel cool and confident.
♥ If your teeth are yellow from smoking or coffee, try an over the counter whitening toothpaste. For the best results, spend the money and get the whitening gel and mouthpieces from your dentist. Nothing is sexier than pearly white teeth. Also, if you have any broken teeth, check into bonding. It is an inexpensive way to make your smile look almost perfect.
♥ Fragrance-Smell is an important attraction. Make sure you have a shower before your meeting if it has been a hot day, you just worked out and/or you have been traveling. You may be used to your own body odor, but there is no greater turn on for a man than a woman who just showered with freshly shampooed hair and a light whiff of a good cologne/perfume. Wear a good clean fragrance. Take a friend to the department store and start sniffing. If you don't have time to check out new fragrances or would like to have free samples mailed to you, check out.
Men's Top Turn Offs about Women they Date:
• Talking with your mouth full of food. Better yet, eat before you go to the event. That way you aren't wasting valuable time munching when you should be getting to know your mini-date. And you won't have to worry if you have food in your teeth.
• Answering a cell phone at the event. Turn it off.
• Not saying Please and THANK YOU
• Discussions about Astrology, UFO’s and other New Age type talk
• Using slang or curse words.
• Talking a subject to death. You only have a few minutes. So move quickly through your questions.
• Talking about previous boyfriends, ex husband
• Dressing in a "slutty", overly provocative manner in the first few meetings.
• Unshaved underarms and legs
• Over processed, big, blond hair, over sprayed untouchable hair, or out of style hair
• Unstylish clothing-the frumpy look, sack like clothing is unattractive
• Chipped and peeling fingernail polish
Women's Top Turn Offs about the Men they Date, or Reasons why a woman won't even say Yes to the first date:
• Unmanicured hands, grease or dirt under the nails, nails that need to be cut.
• Excessively cheap or frugal: Expecting a woman to split the check, leaving miserly tips or none at all, don't own a cell phone or only keep in your car for emergencies only. If you are driving a car more than 5-6 years old, economy car, your clothes are threadbare, shoes scuffed (ie, you don't buy yourself anything new), you will appear that you are cheap and will be cheap with your date will rarely get past the second date.
• Showing up for your date looking like you are ready to go to the beach or camping rather than ready to take your date on the town.
• Answering a cell phone at the event. Leave your cell phone in the car or turn it off.
• Blowing your nose loudly.
• Talking with your mouth full of food.
• Poor etiquette and bad table manners: Not using knife and fork when appropriate, putting knife in mouth, not opening doors or car doors or pulling the chair out at the dinner table for the lady, not walking her to the door.
• Using slang or curse words.
• Dressing like a schlep
• Talking about previous ex-wife or ex-girlfriend.
• No prospects/ambition. Women will often be more attracted to a man is trying to reach a goal, rather than a man who has already made a goal. So, even if you are in a great job, have lots of success - tell women you are shooting for more.
• Talking about the women they have dated or are currently dating. Especially if she is a size 2, a model, had long blond hair, etc. No one wants to compete with your ex.
• Over 28 and or you are out of college more than 4 years and still living with Mom and Dad. Do you really want to look like a Mama's boy or frugal. Get your own apartment or get a roommate.
Really Bad Taste, and Definite No No’s for your first, second, third, fourth…..meeting (this stuff really makes you look like a LOSER):
• Belching and Farting…..this is something construction workers do after they have had too much beer.
California Speed Dating Florida Speed Dating New York Speed Dating Tri State-New Jersey Connecticut Texas Speed Dating Mid-Atlantic Speed Dating/DC Virginia Pennsylvania Delaware Mid West Speed Dating: Kansas Missouri Nebraska Iowa Oklahoma Speed Dating North Central Speed Dating: Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wisconsin Speed Dating North East Speed Dating: Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island Speed Dating Northwest Speed Dating: Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Washington, Oregon, Idaho Speed Dating South Speed Dating: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee Southwest Speed Dating: Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico Canada Speed Dating: Ontario Alberta British Columbia Saskatchewan Yukon Nova Scotia United Kingdom Speed Dating: England Scotland Ireland Japan Speed Dating Australia Speed Dating
About Speed Dating Speed Dating Tips Making A Great First Impression Questions To ask at the Speed Dating Event Meeting After the Party Red Flags Singles Cruise and Travel
Speed/Fast Dating Companies-Add Your Website! Singles Resources and Partner Links
Speed Dating by US State Speed Dating by US City Speed Dating by International City Speed Dating by Country
SpeedDatingSites.com Copyright © 2001-2008 Links to Speed Dating type events, Singles Groups, Events and Activities in your city. Disclaimer: SpeedDatingSites.com is in no way associated with SpeedDating.com, Inc. SpeedDating.com is part of Aish.com and is trademarked under it's one word name. Our hats our off to our friends at SpeedDating.com for the Speed Dating type event concept and we encourage Jewish singles to check out their website for information on Jewish Speed Dating